We have an immediate need for structural engineers of all experience levels to join our small, casual office in SoDo on a full- or part-time basis. We are looking for someone with the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A bachelors or masters degree in civil, structural, or architectural engineering from a U.S. university.
- NCEES Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT).
- Authorized to work legally in the U.S.
- Self-motivated and takes ownership of their work.
- Ability to handle direct, candid feedback.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communicator, especially written.
- Ability to report regularly to our physical office.
- Ability to climb ladders and access tight, confined spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Interest in the single-family residential construction industry.
The following experience and skills are preferred:
- Experience in the structural design of medium- to high-end custom houses (new or existing construction) in a major metropolitan area on the West Coast (Seattle area preferred).
- Non-engineering experience in the single-family residential construction industry (drafter, framer, architectural design etc.).
- Experience in the structural design of commercial or multi-family buildings (new or existing construction) in the U.S.
- Experience in the seismic evaluation, assessment or retrofit of commercial or multi-family buildings in the U.S.
- A P.E. or S.E. license in WA State. Additional engineering licenses in other states would also be beneficial.
- Experience drafting in AutoCAD.
- Experience modeling in Revit, Archicad or Tekla Structures.
- Experience managing other engineers, or desire to manage others in the future.
What We Offer in Return for A Full-Time Employee (A custom compensation package can be arranged for a part-time employee):
- Excellent growth opportunity in terms of professional experience and within the firm.
- Competitive salary (DOE) and performance bonuses.
- Three weeks of PTO and 11 holidays.
- This is primarily an in-office position, but we are flexible about work hours and would be happy to develop a schedule that balances company needs with your personal obligations.
- Company pays for professional development opportunities such as seminars and courses.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match (when eligible under IRS rules).
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Social events (happy hour, sports games, holiday dinner parties etc.)
If you are interested in and feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!